Thursday 25 May 2017

You can actually sell pre-loved / pre-owned makeup! (and there's an online group for it!)

I recently bought Coty Airspun Loose Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage..

Reason(s) why I bought it:
- It has about 600+ reviews in Makeup Alley
- A lot of beauty bloggers rave about it
- It's a huge powder (2.3 oz or 65g)
- Very cheap for the quantity you get
    (Got it for Php580 from IG: @ChedelynCosmetics)
Reason(s) why I hate it:
 - Turns out the scent of this product was too strong for me
 - It's finish was not as smooth as I thought it would be











I think many makeup lovers tend to experience this, well I sort of did, many many times in the past. I read reviews so I'd have lower chance of buying products I would regret buying, (cause I don't want to waste money), but somehow you'd still find yourself unsatisfied with the product unlike those who gave positive feedback about it online. I guess we all just have our own preference with makeup.
And when we buy online, we have much higher possibility of regretting our purchase or getting the product in the wrong shade.

Which is why, this 2017, I was so happy to find out and share that there is an online community in facebook wherein we can Sell or Swap makeup. Many thanks to Admin Farrah for approving my request to join! The (mostly) girls here are very polite and transactions are usually hassle-free because of the systematic guidelines made by the admins.

My personal experience in selling pre-loved makeup:
After posting the Coty Airspun, I got a few inquiries and reactions. Just like how you want a product you're trying to sell get noticed, I included a bit of information about the product even though I know it is quite popular to makeup junkies.

I first priced it as php550, but I realized it's 2nd hand so I guess it should be much cheaper, although in BeautyMNL, this is priced at php750, since I only bought it for php580, might as well sell it cheaper. I posted it like this:




Few hours later I got a message she requested that I reserve the powder for her until Saturday.
She then went to my family's vape store in Cabuyao, Laguna for the powder, and it was so hassle-free, she paid for it, a little chitchat, and we're done.
She was super nice, too!

And so I thought this was such a lovely experience and I decided to do a de-stash of my makeup that I only swatched or used once, just like the other girls in the group.
I think it's also a chance to meet other girls who are makeup junkies just like me.

You can also join the group, just wait for the admins to approve it. 
They have over 40,000 members! (it's quite impressive)
The admins really do a great job in maintaining this massive online community.

If you ever try to sell your pre-loved, tell me your experience about it in the comment section. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sexy Red Lips